If you are a resident of Minnesota and you are using this alcohol for home or personal use only and do not retail your product, no permit is required at this time.

If this is for personal use, fill out OAC Affidavit for Personal Use here, and upload the completed affidavit with the form below. Please note that customers will be held responsible for not adhering to state regulations.

Only a licensed business in the state of Minnesota may apply for an "APPLICATION FOR PERMIT TO PURCHASE AND/ OR POSSESS ETHYL ALCOHOL AND/OR DISTILLED SPIRITS" from the Minnesota Licensing Department of Public Safety Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement.

This is for non-beverage, industrial, and manufacturing purposes only. The permit is good for one year, $20 fee.

Once the permit is obtained, upload the permit to the Organic Alcohol Company website with the email associated with your account. 

Minnesota Licensing Department:

  • (651) 201-7500, select "alcohol"
If you already HAVE a permit and would like to upload it to your account, please use the form below. Please check that permit is active and the most current version.

Some states require licensing or permitting to purchase industrial alcohol.

Our organic 190-proof alcohol is both food and pharmaceutical grade, which can require permits from either the state revenue department, the alcoholic beverage control in your state, or sometimes both (dependent on state classification).

Some states will require a simple one-page approval letter, while others may require an application that is a little more in-depth. To remain compliant for our customers and ourselves, we try to provide our customers with as up-to-date information as possible for their state. Due to frequent changes in state permitting laws and procedures, we can't guarantee that our information is 100% up to date. Please review your state information and apply for all permitting needed. Once customers have appropriate permitting, we require copies to be sent to us with each order.

This state-by-state information is for permits for purchasing our alcohol for industrial use. If you intend to use our alcohol for beverage uses, alternate or additional permitting may apply. Please contact your state for further information.
Please note that orders may be processed, but will not be shipped until proper permitting is submitted. If you have questions feel free to contact us in the office at (541) 201-1050.
At Organic Alcohol Company, we do everything we can to be aware of and to educate our customers on state and federal requirements for the legal purchase of our products. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to be in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at info@organicalcohol.com or check out our FAQ.