Residents in Montana must obtain an "Authorization to Purchase Bulk Distilled Spirits" from the Montana Department of Revenue.



Procedures are as follows for submitting form ASA to Purchase Bulk Distilled Spirits according to Montana’s Rules:

1. The Business places an order with the Supplier

2. The Business must submit a completed form (ASA 05/14) to the Supplier. Any missing information will delay the approval process.

The information that must be completed by the applicant is:

a. Business information (business name)

b. Request Date

c. Billing and Shipping address

d. Contact information (at least two contacts) to include name, phone and email

e. Tax ID (FEIN or SSN)

f. List the type of business

g. Purpose for which product is being ordered

h. Product description to include quantity, size, proof, description, gallons

i. Supplier information (that would be you) (at least two contacts) to include name, phone and email

j. Sign and date form acknowledging the information is accurate

2. Once the Supplier receives the application, they will complete their section and send to DOR. Once Department of Revenue Liquor Control Division receives the completed form, the form will be approved and forwarded to the Supplier. They will fulfill the order for the business and ship it as soon as possible to prevent any delays.

3. After the Supplier has shipped the product, they will send the Department a copy of the invoice and tracking number. This lets us know that the product has come into the state.

Please submit the ASA Form to:

Please allow 7-10 business days for Organic Alcohol Company to complete and re-send the form.

Questions please contact:

Mickey Carlson

  1. Agency Liquor Store Specialist

  2. Montana Liquor Control Division

  3. Phone: 406-444-0724

  4. Email:


If you already HAVE a permit and would like to upload it to your account, please use the form below. Please check that permit is active and the most current version.

Some states require licensing or permitting to purchase industrial alcohol.

Our organic 190-proof alcohol is both food and pharmaceutical grade, which can require permits from either the state revenue department, the alcoholic beverage control in your state, or sometimes both (dependent on state classification).

Some states will require a simple one-page approval letter, while others may require an application that is a little more in-depth. To remain compliant for our customers and ourselves, we try to provide our customers with as up-to-date information as possible for their state. Due to frequent changes in state permitting laws and procedures, we can't guarantee that our information is 100% up to date. Please review your state information and apply for all permitting needed. Once customers have appropriate permitting, we require copies to be sent to us with each order.

This state-by-state information is for permits for purchasing our alcohol for industrial use. If you intend to use our alcohol for beverage uses, alternate or additional permitting may apply. Please contact your state for further information.
Please note that orders may be processed, but will not be shipped until proper permitting is submitted. If you have questions feel free to contact us in the office at (541) 201-1050.
At Organic Alcohol Company, we do everything we can to be aware of and to educate our customers on state and federal requirements for the legal purchase of our products. However, it is ultimately your responsibility to be in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
If you have any further questions, please contact us at or check out our FAQ.